Senior DevOps Engineer with PHP background (all genders)
We are the oddity group's cross-location software development team. With more than 50 developers and consultants working in close collaboration with all oddity units, we are team-players and specialists—in front-end and back-end development. In addition to our multi-faceted projects, we always leave room to develop experimental ideas and concepts, pushing the envelope and exploring the possibilities of digitalization. We are part of the oddity group. With 250+ digital specialists in Stuttgart, Berlin, Cologne, Belgrade, Taipei and Shanghai, we accompany organizations as their partner in a digital world.
What you'll do
- Maintaining and developing web applications/APIs (MVC, REST, GraphQL) within architectural, security, and code quality guidelines
- Writing and maintaining the modules of Magento 2 websites
- Creating Technical Concepts and PoC as basis for further project estimations, maintenance of technical documentation of projects
- Maintaining and implementing Docker-based hosting environments in the AWS cloud by using and improving our automated toolset
- Analyzing current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Providing technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Designing, improving and automate our infrastructure for development teams
- Use state-of-the-art toolchains, e.g. Docker, Codeception, Laravel, Splunk
What we'd love to see
- 5+ years of practical experience in commercial projects
- A college or university degree in an IT-related field or similar education
- Very strong technical knowledge of PHP (working with an MVC), object-oriented programming, design patterns, and databases
- Deep experience with Docker, understanding of cloud-based infrastructures such as AWS
- Experience with DevOps tools, technologies, designing and improving CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with automation tools for testing and infrastructure provisioning
- Familiar with agile project management processes, like Scrum and Kanban
- Fluent knowledge of English is required, good knowledge of German is an advantage
Do you like the idea of working in a friendly team with colleagues from more than 20 different countries?
Responsibility is not just an empty word here. For us, growth empowers every single one of us to constantly learn and develop in order to realize our full potential.
We encourage you to bring your individuality and share your knowledge, your skills and your experiences with us.
We take our purpose ("A Friend Called Future") seriously. So of course, we're open to new work concepts. Just talk to us.
And, of course: Having lots of fun while being at work is absolutely not a contradiction for us. On the contrary!
Director Technical Development
Viktor leads the development team at oddity space in Stuttgart. He is himself a developer with more than 12 years of experience in IT and supports his team in technical and architectural solutions.