Apprenticeship IT Specialist - Application Development (all genders)
We are the oddity group's cross-location software development team. With more than 50 developers and consultants working in close collaboration with all oddity units, we are team-players and specialists—in front-end and back-end development. In addition to our multi-faceted projects, we always leave room to develop experimental ideas and concepts, pushing the envelope and exploring the possibilities of digitalization. We are part of the oddity group. With 300+ digital specialists in Stuttgart, Berlin, Cologne, Belgrade, Taipei and Shanghai, we accompany organizations as their partner in a digital world.
What you can expect
- Learn the basics in PHP/DevOps/Linux as well as best practices and how to apply them
- Participate in weekly professional development meetings with qualified guidance and relevant topics for your education
- Write ERM & UML diagrams and support the creation/maintenance of technical documentation for projects
- Create technical concepts and PoC as a basis for further project estimations
- Maintaining and developing web applications/APIs (MVC, REST, GraphQL) within architecture, security and code quality guidelines
- Use of modern toolchains, e.g. Docker, Laravel, Gitlab CI/CD, Splunk
- Maintain and implement Docker-based hosting environments in the AWS cloud using and improving our automated toolset
- Assist in designing, improving, and automating our infrastructure for development teams
What we'd love to see
- A high level of motivation, resourcefulness and flexibility
- Strong commitment, reliability and good team spirit
- Desire to learn more about web development, databases and / or DevOps in general
- Secondary school leaving certificate, A-levels, technical college entrance qualification
- Duration: 36 months (shortening possible)
- You have a very good knowledge of German and good English language skills
Do you like the idea of working in a friendly team with colleagues from more than 20 different countries?
Responsibility is not just an empty word here. For us, growth empowers every single one of us to constantly learn and develop in order to realize our full potential.
We encourage you to bring your individuality and share your knowledge, your skills and your experiences with us.
We take our purpose ("A Friend Called Future") seriously. So of course, we're open to new work concepts. Just talk to us.
And, of course: Having lots of fun while being at work is absolutely not a contradiction for us. On the contrary!
Director Technical Development
Viktor leads the development team at oddity space in Stuttgart. He is himself a developer with more than 12 years of experience in IT and supports his team in technical and architectural solutions.