Software Engineer – Node.js (all genders)
We are oddity's cross-location software development team. With more than 50 developers and consultants working in close collaboration with all oddity units, we are team-players and specialists—in front-end and back-end development. In addition to our multi-faceted projects, we always leave room to develop experimental ideas and concepts, pushing the envelope and exploring the possibilities of digitalization. We belong to oddity. With 300+ digital specialists in Stuttgart, Berlin, Cologne, Belgrade, Taipei and Shanghai, oddity accompanies organizations as their partner in a digital world. oddity is part of Wongdoody, Infosys’ Human Experience Agency.
What you can expect
- Maintaining and developing web applications/APIs from scratch within architectural, security, and code quality guidelines using Node.js or PHP
- Testing and benchmarking code using automated tools
- Mentoring other engineers and team members
- Design and improve our infrastructure for our engineering and data science teams
- Using state-of-the-art tool chains, e.g. Docker, PHPUnit (Codeception), Jest (Mocha), Symfony and GitLab (GitHub)
- Work closely together with our international and interdisciplinary web development teams
What we'd love to see
- A college or university degree in an IT-related field or similar education
- 4+ years of experience in the profession
- Expert technical knowledge of Node.js (PHP is a big plus, Java is a plus), object-oriented programming, design patterns, and databases
- Experience with Docker, understanding of cloud-based infrastructures such as AWS
- Experience with DevOps tools, technologies, designing and improving CI/CD pipelines
- Automated testing and agile project management processes, like Scrum or Kanban
- Very good English skills is a must
Do you like the idea of working in a friendly team with colleagues from more than 20 different countries?
Responsibility is not just an empty word here. For us, growth empowers every single one of us to constantly learn and develop in order to realize our full potential.
We encourage you to bring your individuality and share your knowledge, your skills and your experiences with us.
We take our purpose ("A Friend Called Future") seriously. So of course, we're open to new work concepts. Just talk to us.
And, of course: Having lots of fun while being at work is absolutely not a contradiction for us. On the contrary!
Director Technical Development
YOUR CONTACT PERSON
People & Culture Specialist
oddity code Belgrade