Executive Director Strategy (all genders)
- Concept & Strategy
- Berlin, Cologne, Fully Remote (GER)
We are oddity's specialist team in Berlin and Cologne for consumer and channel marketing. Working with strong, unique brands, we develop new branding strategies, social stories and channel marketing campaigns in the digital age to forge new paths connecting creation, data and media. We belong to oddity. With 300+ digital specialists in Stuttgart, Berlin, Cologne, Belgrade, Taipei and Shanghai, oddity accompanies organizations as their partner in a digital world. oddity is part of Wongdoody, Infosys’ Human Experience Agency.
What you can expect
- Lead the strategy process across accounts on a top-level to translate business challenges into strategic plans and to support creative executions
- Identify or reframe brand/business ambitions to create opportunities for growth and influence our leaders and our stakeholders
- Keep a pulse on the client's industry provide thought leadership, approaches, competitive audits and benchmarks that bring a holistic perspective
- Develop sophisticated and effective channel and brand strategies from a digital first perspective
- Make the creative leap from research, insight and strategy to outstanding creative ideas
- Establish client relationships that deliver on trust, value and uphold client goals
- Enable the strategy team to analyze and identify key insights for creative engagements and help to elevate the thinking with on-the-job mentoring
- Be the connected thinker between account, project management, creation, performance marketing, influencer marketing, executive management and diverse stakeholders
- Make connections between projects, ideas and opportunities to leverage greater possibilities for oddity
- Be part of the executive leadership team and willing to run side projects to grow the unit
- Ensure the highest quality of strategic delivery while managing resources effectively
What we'd love to see
- 8+ years of high-level experience developing brand and communication strategies on behalf of high-profile brands and at least 2 years of experience managing direct reports with leadership tasks
- Expertise in B2C marketing, FMCG and retail communication are a plus
- Experience in scoping and planning of strategy project approaches
- Proven track record of developing effective brand and communication strategies, that deliver business outcomes
- Digital-first strategic thinking and understanding challenges and opportunities that consumer brands and retailers face, and what it takes for them to stand out in the market
- Outstanding strength for strategic storytelling and conceptual ideas
- Ability to analyze insights from qualitative and quantitative data and creating actionable solutions to business and user challenges
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills in German and English, including being able to align and persuade stakeholders, and to drive conversations
- Positive and proactive attitude, sense of humor, collaborative and strong interpersonal skills
Do you like the idea of working in a friendly team with colleagues from more than 20 different countries?
Responsibility is not just an empty word here. For us, growth empowers every single one of us to constantly learn and develop in order to realize our full potential.
We encourage you to bring your individuality and share your knowledge, your skills and your experiences with us.
We take our purpose ("A Friend Called Future") seriously. So of course, we're open to new work concepts. Just talk to us.
And, of course: Having lots of fun while being at work is absolutely not a contradiction for us. On the contrary!
Eva is responsible for our teams in Berlin and Cologne. She's in love with smart digital strategies, data-based insights and beautiful ideas. Before joining oddity in 2012, she worked as a creative and strategist in digital marketing for several consumer brands.
YOUR CONTACT PERSON
People & Culture Specialist